- Everyone is a writer
- Every voice has value
- Everyone’s unique life experiences provide inspiration
- Supportive, respectful spaces allow people to share perspectives, take risks and learn new skills
- To provide a safe and accessible writing environment for all participants
- To celebrate each writer’s authentic creative voice
- To encourage self-esteem, self-respect and respect for others
- To equip participants with critical thinking, listening and literacy skills
TWC and the Community:
Public readings provide a forum for workshop participants to share their writing with the wider community. Our writers gain confidence reading their poetry, fiction and personal reflections in front of an audience. The listeners are given an opportunity to hear the voices and stories of people whose experiences are often very different from their own.
TWC encourages volunteerism, promotes civic engagement and fosters understanding between diverse communities in our city.